Thursday, December 10, 2009

Next Steps

To correct my last post I am happy to report that the cancer hadn't spread beyond the Thyroid but it was excapsulating a nearby parathyroid so that it why they removed the one paratyroid also. I apologize for the mix-up the surgeon talked to D just after the surgery while I was still knocked out and when D told me I didn't fully understand.The pathology report results were that they mass was large enough that I do have to have the radioactive iodine treatment in early January. I went for my post-op appt yesterday and my heart rate and blood pressure was high so they sent me to the ER for an EKG, that came back okay I guess and they ran other tests which came back unremarkable so they think I was just dehydrated. Now I have to monitor my heart rate on my own and try to drink lots of liquids. I feel okay at the moment but still feel a little like I'm going through life in someone else's body and my thoughts are still on the disjointed side.I'm back to work now so please pray that I ease back into things okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment