Thursday, February 18, 2010

back to life..back to reality

That song has been playing in my head all week as I headed back to work Tuesday after being home in isolation until the week before. I did manage a getaway snowboarding weekend with D and some friends for Valentine's day and it felt so good to be around people again. I do think I pushed it a bit too hard though and I didn't meet my goal of going down a slope by myself but I did make it up a ski lift( even though I fell flat on my face getting off) I do count that as achieving one goal.

Now that I'm back in the office I'm pleasantly swamped with work for the next couple of weeks to keep me busy. I still struggle daily with being able to concentrate and focus but hopefully it will get better. I am finding I have few delayed side effects from the treatment that just started yesterday. My salivary glands are swollen a bit and my tear ducts are burning and itchy. Talked with my doctor today and she recommended chewing gum and using eye drops and things should go back to normal. I still am having trouble sleeping through the night so D wants me to find a doc that can help me with that and my blood pressure that has been running a bit high.

My Doctor discussed my lab/scan results with me last friday and in layman's terms I'm considered about 98-99% cancer free. The test they use to see my cancer level was at 7 which I have no idea what that is out of just that that number is tiny *smile* She rattled off a lot of other numbers but I admit that I am not the best at remembering all the medical data. She also explained that they don't like to say one is really "cancer free" until a second year after a clean body scan.... I understand the precaution, so I will wait and just celebrate the fact that I am done treatment for now and go back in about 2 1/2 months for a check up to make sure the cancer is going away.
Thank you for all the continued prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and I do have some pictures of me in the scanner that D took while of course laughing that I couldn't move for 45 minutes. :) I'll post them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hear a smile in all of this. It makes me smile. God has truly given you peace. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete